B IMG_2450 E letter L KMcElman_100416_0104 letter O hangman tile blue letter N SOUTH

Monday, September 27, 2010

Tool #6

I think the most effective way to use a Wiki in my classroom would be to have the kids write an ongoing story using new vocabulary words.  This would be a great way for the kids to apply their knowledge of the vocabulary words, and I would be able to easily access wheather or not they understand the meaning of the word. 

I'm a little concerned about using a wiki when editing papers in class. Does anyone have any experience using the wiki for editing?  Did you have each kid create their own wiki?  I would love some suggestions on how to make this work effectively.  I'm open to any ideas!

1 comment:

Book Nook Girl said...

Great questions about wikis! I haven't really used them with students in terms of editing. It would be great to hear how some teachers utilize this tool with students. You have such good ideas and I love your willingness to learn!