B IMG_2450 E letter L KMcElman_100416_0104 letter O hangman tile blue letter N SOUTH

Monday, October 18, 2010

Tool #9

I'm excited to use Screencast in my classroom!  I think it would be great to use to teach the kids how to use Photostory or Wordle.  As a culminating project for our author's study, the kids are going to create a Wordle on one of Eve Bunting's books.  It would be great to use Screencast to show the kids how to use the program. 

I prefer to use Screencast over Jing because I don't have to download anything to use Screencast.  Also, I don't feel like Jing is as user friendly as Screencast. 

Skype is fantastic!!  I was hoping to Skype with Eve Bunting, but after our SIS emailed with her we realized she doesn't Skype :(  Therefore, I'm thinking we can maybe Skype with another school or group of kids that have studied Eve Bunting.  Also, I'm going to look into Skyping with the Holocaust Museum in Washington, D.C.  So fun!  I love Skyping!

No comments: