B IMG_2450 E letter L KMcElman_100416_0104 letter O hangman tile blue letter N SOUTH

Monday, October 18, 2010

Tool #8

Wow! I had no idea You Tube has such great videos for teachers!  I found a a video on Eve Bunting's book "In the Haunted House," which I was already planning on reading to my kids the week of Halloween for our author's study.  It will be wonderful to have a read aloud on video!  Below is the link.
http://www.blinkx.com/videos/eve+bunting

I also found a great video clip on King Christian X of Denmark.  We study him in social studies when we study WWII, and during our novel study of Number the Stars.  During our novel study we also read a picture book called The Yellow Star, which talks about King Christian's role in Denmark during the war.  After the read this story, I think it would be great to show this video clip to the kids.  This allows them to see a live video of the king!  How cool!!  Below is the link.
http://www.blinkx.com/watch-video/christian-x-of-denmark-christian-10-dansk-konge/Y33Ki9xuzpKBKQnrcnxQyg

No comments: